Our Workforce is Skilled and Creative in Sherman, Texas
With Sherman’s economic prosperity and desirable quality of life, it’s no wonder Business Insider named it the 4th most desirable town to live in Texas in 2020. Companies find Sherman to be an excellent community for the manufacturing industry. Nearly 13 percent of the workforce is employed in the Manufacturing sector. With a 2022 population of 44,837, Sherman is growing approximately 2% annually and its population has increased by over 16% since the 2010 Census.
March 2023 Workforce Numbers
- Grayson County: 67,984
- Three-County Area: 106,525
- 60-mile radius: More than 2 million
Source: Texas Workforce Commission
Workforce Solutions Texoma provides employment-related services to companies and job-seekers in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson Counties including specialized services for adults, youth, those who have lost their jobs, and resources to assist individuals with disabilities.
- Companies can benefit from job-matching services, labor market information, access to training grants, and other services.
- Job Seekers can access job leads, career information, assistance with training or child care, and other services.
- Individuals with disabilities can seek assistance through Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitation (TWS-VR) staff. TWC-VR services are available for adults to help prepare for, obtain, retain, or advance in employment and for youth and students to help prepare for post-secondary education and employment opportunities.
WorkInTexas.com is a comprehensive online job search resource and matching system developed and maintained by the Texas Workforce Commission. It provides recruiting assistance to Texas employers of all types and sizes, and job search assistance to any individual seeking work in Texas.