Sherman is Rich in Culture and Entertainment
Sherman has all of the amenities of a small city with the charm and friendliness of a small town. It’s easy to get involved and meet your neighbors. Downtown will draw you in with a host of annual events that are designed to gather the community in celebrations of food, holidays, pets, music, wine, craft beer, and more. There are ghost tours, an escape room, The Sherman Farmers Market, and a roller skating rink. Schulman’s Movie Bowl Grille opened in southeast Sherman, an area of the city that is coming alive as the new high school and new neighborhoods are being developed.
Some annual events are listed below, but scroll down to explore more Arts & Entertainment:
- Juneteenth Celebration is held every June and features live music, a parade, and delicious food.
- Christmas in July is a family-friendly downtown event with tons of activities for kids, and of course, pictures with Santa.
- Nights of Lights is held in early December to celebrate turning on the Christmas lights at Pecan Grove West Park and features a band, food trucks, and bounce houses.
Explore Sherman's Diverse Arts & Entertainment Scene
- Sherman Cultural District: Lively, Walkable, and Charming
- Sherman Art Events: Tour, Dash, and Explore
- Get in Touch with Your Inner Artist
- Immerse Yourself in Sherman's Music & Theater
- Events & Things To Do in Sherman, Texas
Sherman welcomes you to take part in our community! The year is full of events that create a hometown feeling for residents and visitors alike. Old-fashioned parades, celebrations of art, and live music delight and entertain. Come join us!
Sherman Cultural District
Sherman Jazz Museum
Third Thursday Art Walk
Sherman Art Dash
Your Inner Artist
Sherman Art League
Sherman’s Collaborative Mural
Music & Theater
Sherman Symphony Orchestra (SSO)
Hot Summer Nights
Things to Do
Choctaw Casino & Resort
Coffee with the Mayor
Sherman Celtic Festival and Highland Games
Craft the Night Away: Craft Beer Festival and Fiddling Contest
Lights on the Lake
Hispanic Heritage Festival
Stroll on the Square
Trick or Treat on Travis and Wall Streets
Veterans Day Parade
Snowflake Festival and Christmas Parade