Supporting Sherman Women and Minority-Owned Businesses
Sherman WOMO is working to create an environment of education and support to increase the number and size of Sherman minority-owned and women-owned businesses by:
- Organizing a committee of local business leaders, primarily minority- and women-owned business owners.
- Working with the committee to establish a program that will educate and provide support to new and existing minority- and women-owned business owners.
- Developing online master classes featuring local, successful, minority- and women-owned business leaders presenting topics relevant to finance, organization, and marketing.
- Marketing the master classes on various advertising platforms.
- Educating minority- and women-owned business owners on resources available to grow and expand their operations.
- Encouraging participation of minority- and women-owned business owners in events and other networking opportunities within the City of Sherman to market their businesses.
UPCOMING TRAINING ~ REI Oklamoha is offering: EMPLOYEE RETENTION TAX CREDIT: Setting the record straight. Virtual Training on June 20, 23 Register Today
Veteran Woman Grant: If you are a female veteran in Texas who is starting or currently owns an existing business, you may qualify for the CWE’s Veteran Woman Entrepreneur Grant program. Opens on March 31st: More Information
Women Mean Business ~ A place for women in business to Connect, Empower, Inspire! Check out their Facebook Page