II-VI Equipment Engineering Team is Hiring Equipment Technicians (Day &Night Shifts) in Sherman, TX
II-VI Incorporated currently is hiring at their Sherman, Texas plant where vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSELs) are manufactured and used to enable 3D sensing capabilities in many consumer applications. Founded in 1971, II-VI Incorporated, a global leader in engineered materials and optoelectronic components, is a vertically integrated manufacturing company that develops innovative products for diversified applications in the industrial, optical communications, aerospace & defense, life sciences, semiconductor equipment, and consumer markets. Headquartered in Saxonburg, Pennsylvania, II-VI Incorporated has additional manufacturing facilities throughout the US, as well as numerous locations in Europe and Asia.
Our Equipment Technicians are responsible for performing repairs and maintenance of equipment used in the manufacturing of semiconductor devices in a clean room environment. In addition to equipment repair and maintenance, our Equipment Technicians assist Senior Technicians and Engineers in data collection to resolve recurring equipment issues, participate in continuous improvement activities and serve as a member of our Emergency Response Team (ERT).
We currently seek self-motivated team-players who have the following qualifications:
- An associate degree in an Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering, or another closely related technical discipline. Practical knowledge and application of electronics, mechanics, vacuum theory, math, computers, and Testing.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and software programs (i.e. Microsoft products) Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and ability to learn the operational concepts of systems and how to perform diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques to solve more complex operational and system problems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical instructions (written & verbal), electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, pneumatic diagrams, flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.
- Understand and follow both written procedures and verbal instructions.
- Able to effectively communicate (written & verbal) with internal customers, communicating progress and completion of tasks as well as to respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Understand and apply mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms for data analysis as required. Ability to problem solve, collect data, establish facts to draw valid solutions.
- Must meet requirements for Emergency Response Team which include successfully completing periodic physicals.
- Must be able to work in a Class 100/1000 cleanroom environment, wearing full cleanroom attire (smock, hood, mask, safety googles) and have the ability to work around chemicals (acids and solids) and gases(hazardous and non-hazardous).
For more information and to apply, please visit our Careers Page https://ii-vi.com/jobs/
II-VI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sherman, Texas 75090