Grow and diversify the economy of Sherman and the surrounding area through the addition of new jobs and investment of primary employers. Since 1996, Sherman Economic Development Corporation (SEDCO) has focused on a mission and strategy to grow the primary employment sector — those companies with statewide, national and global markets. SEDCO is supported by a local 3/8 cent sales tax. The funds provide the resources for SEDCO to market the community, provide cash incentives for new investments and jobs and develop business park sites for industry. SEDCO Board of Directors and Sherman City Council annually adopt a new Plan of Work for SEDCO to guide the development, re-development and community enhancement in Sherman and the surrounding area.
• Retain and expand existing primary employers
• Recruit targeted national and international primary employers
• Target DFW Metroplex allies to help attract business investment
• Establish Sherman as a Retail Market Center
• Manage SEDCO real estate and attract commercial real estate investments
• Invest in projects that enhance Sherman quality of place
• Raise Sherman profile in local, state, national and international markets
• Technology products manufacturing (semiconductor-related, life sciences)
• Equipment manufacturing and metal fabrication
• Plastics manufacturing and recycling
• Food and beverage processing
• Back office processing
SEDCO stands ready to assist you with any business information you need about Sherman and the business corridor. We can provide comprehensive fact sheets on industrial sites, workforce and training data, tax and incentives along with any customized request about Sherman. To receive more information, call SEDCO at 800-981-2566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.